We have collected the following questions from various interview experience blogs of students and alumni who were recently interviewed for Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad (India). They are not structured in any particular order. Feel free to use them for your reference.
Questions to the interviewee
1. We are interested to know what an omnivorous reader means.
2. We see that you won the award for a Geeky idea, what was that?
3. You have written that you are a very innovative person, can you give some examples?
4. You have quoted leadership in your essays. Can you tell what the defining moment in leadership was for you?
5. Assuming you are an advisor to Ram Mynampati, what advice would you give him?
6. Do you have any questions for us?
7. What do you want to do after your MBA?
8. Do you think that in current situation, tech-consulting jobs would be easy to come by?
9. You have mentioned leadership at so many places in your application. What qualities do you feel constitute leadership?
10. What I liked most in me?? The Engineer?? or The IT prof?? or The Entrepreneur??
11. Why a Ship will float where as a piece of Steel will not?? Screwed up here and finally was assisted by Mr. Menon in understanding this.
12. Walk us thru your career?
13. How u see that u adhere to SLAs in current role?5. What is ur greatest achievement so far?6. What kind of satisfaction u got from it?
14. Why ISB?
15. So tell us about the challenges of leading a team.
16. Tell us about the core qualities of a high performing team.
17. How have you grown personally since the last application?
18. A question about a line in my hobby which she found interesting.
19. Your immediate post MBA position that you are looking for.
20. How your company would be affected by the recession.
21. Why burden yourself financially with an MBA at this time.
22. What feedback did you get reg. your last application?
23. Can you describe your career after 12th and also the reasons for the decisions you took?
24. So why MBA now? You have had a good run so far?
25. So what were the innovative initiatives you took?
26. Why a sudden interest in community service? (I had joined an NGO about 5 months ago)
27. Suppose you are a delegate of Indian IT to Barack Obama, how would you convince him to do outsourcing?
28. Are you saying Indian IT has solution to this meltdown?
29. You mentioned wireless networks sometime ago. What will be the market size in India?
30. Rate yourself on analytical skills.
31. There's a 100 storey building. There r 4 lifts: each servicing successive 25 floors. They are state of the art lifts. Yet the users of the lift are unhappy with them. Why?
32. You recommendations say that you have achieved targets under stringent timelines. How do you manage to do that?
33. How many people do you lead in a project?
34. Take an example. Britannia has come up with a product that is working really well in the market. What would be your strategy for ITC?
35. What makes you different?
36. Where do you derive the motivation for your energy?
37. What are your plans after ISB?
38. What are the firms that you would like to work for?
39. Only about 5% of the class gets into top consulting firms. What if you don’t? What is your plan B?
You meet the McKinsey Head in an elevator and he gives you 1 minute to speak about why he should recruit you. What would you say?
To read more please Sign Up, it's free! or Sign in